Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Check-ride Prep - Day 4

Check-ride Prep - Day 4
Flight time logged:1.2 hours
Total flight time logged:47.6 hours
Total takeoffs/landings:151
Solo time:0.0 hours
Total time solo:9.4 hours
Total cost to date:$7610

Today was more preparation for the check-ride. I prepared a short cross-country to fly. While in flight on my cross-country flight plan, my instructor asked me to divert to Monroe. I knew exactly where I was, so I easily turned to a heading that would take me to Monroe. On the way to Monroe, I had to calculate my current ground speed (of which can be confirmed by just using the GPS) and calculate when I would arrive at Monroe and how much fuel it would require.

After the diversion, my instructor had me intercept and track some VOR radials. Not too much work there. I finished up the day working on some cross-wind takeoffs and landings.

The chief instructor again told me that I was ready. He wanted me to work on some landings, so I scheduled another flight in two days to practice landings.