Friday, February 02, 2007

Check-ride Prep - Day 3 - Oral exam prep

Check-ride Prep - Day 3
Flight time logged:0.0 hours
Total flight time logged:46.4 hours
Total takeoffs/landings:146
Solo time:0.0 hours
Total time solo:9.4 hours
Total cost to date:$7285

Today I did not fly. The weather was IMC (Instrument Meteorological Conditions) with a ceiling of 100 feet. Although, I did spend two hours with my instructor to prepare for the oral exam portion of the check-ride. I basically sat in the training room and answered random questions asked by the chief instructor. I haven't studied as much as I should, but I did correctly answer over 90% of the questions asked. Again, I was a little rusty, so I'll be spending more time reviewing the regulations and my ASA Private Oral Exam Prep guide. This book is a great book for a comprehensive, easy-to-read review. It was also be a good reference in general.

The chief instructor thinks we'll be scheduling my check-ride around the third week of this month. It will be here before I know it! I have a lot happening over the next two weeks at work, so I'm going to have to find the best time to take a relaxed exam. Right now, I'm thinking that I'll try for the week of February 18. My goal is to finish before the end of February. If I can keep up my practicing and studying, and the weather cooperates, then I should be able to make my goal. This journey is now on its final leg.