Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lesson 13

Lesson 13
Flight time logged:1.4 hours
Total flight time logged:17.7 hours
Total takeoffs/landings:61
Total cost to date:$2938

It was another beautiful morning. Just I had expected my "bird" 81J was not out of maintenance. Instead I took 6CP today. This was also an interesting day to fly since everyone was making a big deal about the date: 06-06-06.

Today's lesson was nothing but more of the same: takeoffs and landings. I headed over to Winder to practice more touch-and-goes. The active runway today was Runway 5. This would be my first time using this runway. It has a displaced threshold so you have to adjust your landing somewhat.

After several touch-and-goes, I flew back to LZU to do a few more touch-and-goes there. All of this time, my instructor just sat as a passenger giving me tips to help me along the way. After taxiing back and securing the plane, my instructor indicated that I would be doing more of the same at my next lesson, then possibly a solo. I wonder if I'm ready...