Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Let's begin


Well, all of my friends have been advising me to keep a blog of my experiences in flying, so today I'm starting this blog as a public log of my flight training and future flights.

A little background

My father-in-law, also an aviation enthusiast and ex-USAF mechanic, helped me get interested again. I also have two friends that are pilots that helped me get excited about learning to fly again. It also helps to have a wife that supports you 100% and asks you every day if you signed up for lessons! I bought a few books a little over six months ago and started learning about aeronautics and aviation. I read the following books to get me started:
And so it begins...

Today, after checking out a few other flight schools in the area, I signed up for lessons at The Flight School of Gwinnett at Gwinnett County-Briscoe Field (KLZU). What appealed to me about this one were the personalities of the CFIs and the owners, and the fact that they had a large fleet of aircraft with a lot of modern C172s. The Flight School is also a certified Cessna Training Center.

I signed up for my first three lessons starting on April 3, 2006. I plan on taking three lessons a week (weather permitting of course!). I received my Cessna Training Kit with the ground school instruction, POH, and Pilot Log. I'm looking forward to my first time up.